Tuesday, September 30, 2008

100 Days and Counting!!

Only 100 days till the wedding!! Wow, that number is shrinking fast... Almost to the double digits. A friend of ours had a great suggestion the other day to read the Psalms backwards to countdown so Carson and I started that and are enjoying our journey through the Psalms together.
I went home this past weekend and we were able to get a lot of productive wedding stuff done. I had my dress fitting, which started bad but ended well. The first lady they gave me didn't know what she was doing and had to ask the girl next to her about everything. When she did my bustle it was all crooked. So she went off to do something else and the lady that was helping her took over. She tried a different bustle but I wasn't much happier due to the fact that it was also crooked. I just wanted someone who knew what they were doing and heals can only be so comfortable when you are standing on them in one position. I was afraid to shift my weight or my hem would be all crooked. So my dad saw how unhappy I was, and being the hero that he is, went and got Jimmy who sold me the dress. Well I guess they get all defensive and don't like it when the sales people come back into the alterations area so they promptly brought out the lady who seemed to be in charge. She had me all pinned up correctly and my bustle done up beautifully in 15 minutes! I left there a very happy bride, but I was not about to settle on my wedding dress.
Today instead of working on wedding plans, we worked on plans for after the wedding and went apartment hunting. Once again an experience that started off bad but ended very well. If you ever have a day to spare and want to meet some characters, you're bound to find them in the apartment leasing offices. Everyone we met was very helpful, but unique in their own way. We got very excited to hear that one of the places that someone showed us was the best property they had to offer. If you count mold around the bathtub, tiny closets, and the washing machine right next to the kitchen sink beautiful, this place is for you! Our last stop was a new apartment complex that was beautiful, spacious, and affordable! One thing we learned today was how to better rely on God. When it all seemed overwhelming a pray for releasing that to God gave us peace that He had just the place for us. One thing to tick off the list... it's looking a little shorter!

No comments: