Tuesday, November 18, 2008

2 Months!!

So can you tell I'm crazy busy when I stop blogging but once a month? My mom and dad both called to remind me that I'm getting married in two months. As excited as I am, I feel like I'm forgetting something. Everyone up here at school keeps asking how the wedding plans are going and sometimes I have to honestly admit that I haven't thought about it for days at a time. I guess that's a good thing so I'm not getting obsessed with it. Now that all of the big stuff is out of the way, it's all the little bitty details. A word of wisdom to any future brides. . . avoid a January wedding date so all the final invoices don't come due days before Christmas (ouch!). On a happier note, both mothers have found their dresses so they're all set for the occasion. Well, as set as a mother can be to give her son or daughter away.
Even sooner than the wedding is our graduation, coming up in exactly one month. Needless to say there is a lot of pressing school stuff that's dominating our to do list right now. So I guess my life is sounding pretty stressful. . . but who's isn't? We all need a break.
So today Carson and I took one. Last night Carson and I looked at each other and realized that we spend so much time together every day but it is all consumed with school talk, wedding talk, planning the whole move, etc. that we needed a break. So we both, for the first time, played hooky today. The nice thing about Clemson is that you can be in the mountains in about 30 minuets, however, in our quest to escape, we went a little bit further up to Highlands, NC.
Highlands is this beautiful little one street town with all the cute tourist shops and a great coffee shop, where we spent a lot of time. The temperature never got out of the 20's!!! (To all you Floridians.. that's not a number you see very often) I think I have read in every bridal book, and heard from every bride, to take time to put everything aside and spend some quality time together. That advice fell to the bottom of our lists as the semester progressed, so we left the list at home today and escaped. I'm sure everyone studying in the library right now is jealous, but we're back and ready to hit the ground running, with two weeks of classes left, and then finals!! Enjoy some pictures from our trip:


Ya, We've been in three states today



It was so cold we couldn't feel our noses! :-)


How cold was the water?? Ya right, you think I actually stuck my hand in that water?

1 comment:

Christen said...

Umm, yes, 20 degrees is really cold...I'm glad you played hooky, everyone has to do that once in awhile! That is so exciting that you're graduating so soon, you should post pics from the ceremony. :) I miss college, I wonder if you will too?!